Low potassium levels after getting tonsils removed. Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, tightness in the throat. Should I try OTC medication?

I recently had my tonsils removed on the 20th on Wednesday I ended up going to the er after I turned purple while sleeping it turned out my potassium was low I was dehydrated all the lympth nodes in my my neck were enlarged my pluse and my BP were very high. I was discharged the next day after meds and if fluids. I am continuing to have tightness in my throat I am trying to drink and keep myself hydrated but as the night goes on its becoming difficult again. Should I try otc meds and ice to try and bring down the swelling or should I be more concerned
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013