Low platelet count, low grade fever, stomach cramp. Should I be concerned?

I had a low platelet [116, lowest you can be in the normal range is 134] count during my last blood test . Everything else with my blood work was normal. When I was 3, I had thrombocytopenia . I am 27 years old now, work out 4 days a week and am overall healthy. I went to a hematologist and he said my low platelet count was likely due to a stomach virus. I got blood work the day after a 2 day battle with a low grade fever and stomach cramping. I am going to get my platelet count checked in 2 weeks ago, as well as a HIV and Hepatitis Panel [ I do not have either, my wife has been tested and was negative and so have I in the past]. Should I be concerned with the low platelet count or since everything else in my blood work was fine, I should be okay?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012