Low period flow than usual with dark and stringy bleeding, on loestrin 24. What is causing this?

I had a really weird period last month. it was about 2 weeks late, lighter than usual, and ended with very light brown blood . After realizing that I was NOT pregnant, i went to the doctor and got put back on loestrin 24. Now again this month I am having a weird period. It is extremely lighter than usual, and its darker in color than usual and stringy. I dont know if this is something to worry about since it happened last month when i wasn t on any birth control , or if it is just an effect of getting back on the pills?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012