Low hemoglobin, frequent heartburn. Recommended transfusion on further lowering. Any thoughts?

My wife went to the doctor the last few days and I wish to have some explanation I guess. They ran 2 blood tests and found her hemoglobin in the first to be 7.1, the second test was lower at 6.7. They sent her home tonight and tomorrow are going to check it again, and if it is still low they will do a transfusion, and start to see whats going on. He seems to be focusing on where the blood went . Does it have to go somewhere? My wife also has very frequent heartburn ...any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012