Low grade fever with cold, headache, burning nose and throat. Fever not going with medication. Reason?

I have a cold . It started Thursday with a headache and then Friday the burning nose and throat and low grade fever started. Sinuses were awful. My temp only gets to about 99.4. Well it s been 5 days now and this low grade fever won t go away. It goes from 97.4 (my norm is around there) to 98.8 and occasionally 99.4. Up and down all day regardless of medicine. I can usually break the fever by day three. Why won t it go away? Plus why have I been foggy headed and my valance has been off since last night? I have a trip planned this weekend I must go on and I need this fever gone. Please help! Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
in my opinion you are suffering from sinusitis as in cold there can be sinusitis which has the typicalsymptomps you stated
take sinus spcific antibiotics short course
take anti allergic tab
analgesic sos for pain
lot of fluids
neomycin h ointment in nose bd
sea water 2 drop at night each nose
should continue 2 week