Low grade fever, sore throat, swelling on tongue, bleeding from spots. Viral infection?

a week ago, my 4 yr old son had a low grade fever 99-101 for 2 days. It went away as quickly as it came. He s been irritable and cranky, but no obvious symptoms, occasional complaint of a sore tongue , but I could not see anything. A week later I came down with a fever - have had it for 3 days now, 99-101 with a sore throat . After the first day, it felt like my mouth exploded. My gums on one side are swollen and I have sores on my tongue and one inside my cheek. The doctor initally through a viral infection and started me on an anti-viral medication. Tonight while brushing my sons teeth , they started to bleed and I noticed 3 spots that were severely swollen. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012