Low grade fever, increased WBC count and bilirubin. Normal? Had appendectomy

First week after appendectomy: I had headaches , nausea and constipation but was advised to stop the pain killers and symptoms stopped. End of second week: I had a burning sensation after eating followed by high fever 38C + which made me go to the hospital. They gave me medication to balance the gastric liquids - tests showed no signs of infection. On the third week after appendectomy, I have been having low grade fever (37,2 - 37,7) for the last 5 days. WBC went up to 10,000 in the first week but then reduced to 6,400. Tests and abdominal scan don t show that there are no signs of an infection. Billirubine total is a bit high. No tests for thyroid / hormones levels. Is it normal to have low grade fever? For how long after the operation? Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013