Low grade fever, chest and shoulder pain. Chest X-ray normal. Causes for symptoms?

I am 35 yrs old. I have low grade fever and pain in chest and left shoulder for last two weeks. No other symptoms. WBC was 12.8 then 11.7 and again 12.9 (today).. I have no fever today and no pain for last three days.. but had fever (98.6 F or so) in last two days.. before that I had no fever for two days and had fever continuously in evening for two weeks before that.. What could be the reason? chest x-ray is clear.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012