Low grade fever after aortic valve replacement, on antibiotics still. Is it life threatening ?

Hello Dr.Raphael, My son got aeortic valve replacement on 01/21/2013.with ATS(MEDTRONIC)mechanical valve-24mm. After thesurgery ,he is suffering with low grade fever .We admitted him again in hospital.They have done TEE and say 1mm vegitation seen on Prosthetic aeortic valve. Regards AAAAA YYYY@YYYY He is on ANTI BIOTIC Treatment from02/09/2013.VANCO MYCIN-1G-2 TIMES&GENTAMYCIN-80MG-3TIMES.&RIFAMYCIN-300MG TAB-3 TIMES..and fever is reduced today from3 times a day toone spike at evening. doctors say -6 weeks cource is to be administered...and says,they can not assure any thing...they suspect its PVE.negetive blood culture . My question is-is it a life threatining situation?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013