Low fever, achiness, feels like swollen gland on the neck, no swelling. What could this be?

I have been feeling achy on and off for about a week. Every time I check my temperature it is normal but it feels like I am coming down with something. Last night I did have a low grade fever and felt very achy. Also, on and off along with the achiness I have had some discomfort like a swollen gland in my neck on the right side near my adam s apple. No visible swelling . No other symptoms and Advil always helps. What could this be and why isn t it going away?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012