Low eGFR level. Advised to stop taking lisinopril. How does this help in low eGFR levels?

I have been getting my blood drawn monthly for eGFR etc. The result on my last test was shocking: The eGFR fell from 48 to 24--a drop of 50% in one month./ For almost 2 years my GFR had varfied by 10 or less (usually by 4 to 6) I did nothing to cause such a drop. Is it reasonable to think that this result is bogus? Also my nhephrologist advised me to stop taking hctz-lisinopril which had been taking (0.5 tablet) daily. How will stopping this medicagton help my GFR?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013