Low blood pressure, high RBC and black stool. What does it mean? Ruptured spleen?

What does a high rbc , and low blood pressure and black stool indicate, other than internal bleeding? My grandfather is being transported via ambulance to the hospital. If his levels get to high then the spleen will need to be taken or possible rupture, correct? My concern is that his organs are shutting down. He is still coherent; however I live out of state, and wondering if I should make travel arrangements? Thanks,
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013