Low bilirubin. Done phototherapy. Transfusion not required. Cause damage to brain?

hello doc.. my girl baby is 2 months old, she was 2.75kg at birth(born on 22.10.12), 8 days after birth she was 2.25kg and her bilrubin level was 29.7 at 6pm in the evening.. imme she was given phototherapy . doc said that if the level doesnt go down a blood transfusion was required but at 3am the next day her bilrubin level came down to 19 and the doc said trasfusion was not required.. her levels came down after 3 dayss of phototherapy and was discharged.. doc has asked for bera test after three months. she responds to sound(from one month itself) looks here and there and makes sound. do we really have to worry abt her future because during the stay in the hosp docsaid that there may be some damage to the brain. please suggest something doc because we are very worried abt her future sheila
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012