Low back pain, difficulty bending. MRI shows bulging disc. Leg numbness. Help

Hello , I need help in deciding what type doctor to see. I have very bad low back pain , i have not been able to work for 6 months. My general practitioner says I should be fine to work. I cannot bend over without sometimes pain that will make me freeze. I cannot sleep more than 3 or 4 hours, I cannot sit very long , walking at a slow pace i can do. Standing still would not be good either. My mri looks to me like 5 vertibrae out of alignment with a bulging disc . My left leg has been numb for a year. Sometimes my right leg gets numb also, thats the reason I quit working since i am always on a ladder. I am seeing now a Physical Medicine Doctor, he is scheduling steroid shots in both hips. Please Help
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013