Low back pain, cervix painful. On anti-inflammatory shot. Had fever. Explain?

An internist (not obgyn ) did 3-4 swab tests for stds 2 days ago. During didn t hurt, but overnight that night I got a horrible very low back pain and pain in my cervix . Since then the pain is just as bad. My rheumatologist today said the back pain is where my si joints are and gave me an anti-inflammatory shot which helped the back a bit. But the cervix still hurts and pain seems to be sometimes extending into the uterus/ovaries/lower abdomen/pelvic region. I just want to know if this could be an infection that I would need treatment for or if it is just irritated and will go away on its own? I do not have a fever or any other signs besides these. But the cervix and back pain HURTS! Ouch! Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012