Low appetite, constipation. Triple bypass surgery done. History of diabetes. Cure for symptoms?

My 76 year old father had a triple bypass; he s also a diabetic. The surgery was a success, but he s still in the hospital 8-days after surgery... His appetite is very little and he s not having bowel movements. Is this normal? He s not doing his breathing treatments (as often as he should) -- nor is he walking (unless my mom comes to the hospital). Maybe he s depressed or scared. Never been in the hospital before. Sad... Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012