Low WBC count, fever, bit by tick, test reports negative. Is it tick related?

My 7 yr old has a low WBC count of 3.1. Running a fever now of 103.3 to 99.8. She s been sick on and off again for the past couple months running low grade fevers. Had strep in early feb. She was bit by a tick July of 2010 was tested in nov of 2011 for limes. Her first test came back positive and sent back for western blot and that came back neg. back in my head I think it is tick related.?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
I don't think it is realated to the tick. Since western blot is negative don' t worry any more for lime disease.
Instead I would advise you to check for streptococal pharyngitis once again.
You can also check it in a blood test : antistreptolysin (aslo).
I think recurrent low fevers may be related to a streptococal infection.