Lots of blood in Period

Well, I know. I ask way too many questions about periods. Anyways, I got my very first period 2 days ago. But I'd like to know things. :) 1. Are you supposed get a lot of blood when you sleep, or just a little? 2. Will I be right on time next month? 3. Why are you supposed to wear black on your period? 4. Can I never wear thongs again because of my period? 5. When I wipe sometimes I get a lightly toned brown color, Is it normal? Thank you all! 10 points for best answers! :D
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Well first off, make sure you talk to your mom or a trusted adult about any other questions you have. You will find that they will most likely be able to answer your questions because they have been though all of this before! 1. Each person differs with the amount of blood that comes out while they sleep. Some of my friends don't need any protection while they sleep because they don't bleed, but as for myself I need heavy protection the first two or three nights, and then after that I don't bleed at night and usually just wear a panty liner. 2. You most likely won't be on time next month. Girls who just start their period are usually irregular for about a year or so. So don't freak out if you miss a month or if you come early. Make sure you throw an extra pad in your back pack if you get it at school, or you can always go down and see the school nurse for supplies. 3. I've never heard that you are supposed to wear black on your period. I tend to wear dark colored pants just incase there's a leak, then it's less noticeable. Wearing khakis or white pants is risky because a leak will show up very easily. 4. You can wear thongs if you wear a tampon. Tampons take some time to adjust to, so make sure you feel comfortable in them and then go ahead and wear a thong. And of course you can wear a thong during the time that you aren't bleeding. 5. The light brown color is normal-especially since you just started your period. I tend to have brown blood the first few hours and then the last day of my period. It's perfectly normal. Hope this helped!