Lot of pain in back of hand, above little finger knuckle, stabbing pain like spasm. Looks like vein going over knuckles. Is this the reason?

Hi, I have been having a lot of pain in the back of my hand, just above the little finger knuckle, the stabbing pain is like a spasm to the point that when it happens it makes me drop whatever I m holding, as I am a delivery driver this is not good.when I look at the area it looks like there is a vein going over and round the knuckle that I haven t noticed before, don t know if this is the reason or if its a tendon problem ?. I am a male aged 41 with no previous history to this
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013