Lost weight tremendously, negative impact. Is it due to running only?

Hi. My friend and I are both runners for our high school cross country team. Over the summer, my friend really improved her times and dedicated all her time to running. But, she lost a ton of weight and began to look sickly thin all the time. She said that she weighed between eighty and ninety pounds, and she s fifteen. I m worried about her because lately she has been pushing away her friends and not eating enough food to take care of her body after running so many miles. Could something be wrong medically?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Your friend is running too many miles as you said and not having enough food that seems to be the only reason for her weight loss.I don't see any medical problem in her as she is able to run so much without any discomfort.
Running is a vigorous exercise and consumes many calories which need to be replenished along with plenty of fluids and electrolytes.Your friend should take a well balanced diet to take care of her caloric needs.
hope this will assure you!