Lost hearing in the left ear from a virus, put on steroids by ENT. Can hearing be restored ?

My husband lost hearing in the left ear from a virus in Jan.2012 while in Florida. Within 2 days he went to a ear, nose ,throat specialist. They put him on a steroid for a few weeks. He then came back to Maine and went to a specialist in Topsham. They did auditory testing and he has some hearing in that ear. I would like to be recommended to another specialist in Portland to receive another evaluation and second opinion.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013