Lost emotions after banging the head on the wheel during a car accident. Possibility, name of condition?

I am doing some research for a project. About 7 years ago I watched a documentary on ITV. i can t remember what it was called and don t remember the condition but one of the stories on the documentary was - A man was involved in a car crash which he was driving and banged his head on the wheel. He went to hospital but was shortly discharged as he only had minor cuts and bruises. However a couple of weeks later his wife notice a complete change in his personality. He no longer cared about this wife and child. He had lost his empathy towards them and his friends. He wanted to be alone all the time. If his child wanted to hug I’m he would push him away. This man used to be an outgoing family man and now had lost his emotions. From what I remember the hospital had found that the man had bumped part of his forehead , above his nose . This had somewhat destroyed the part of this brain that created emotions. What I want to ask you is 1. Is this possible? It was a long time ago and I can t remember all the details of the documentary 2. If so what parts of the brain effect the emotion and where are they located? 3. What courses of action would the hospital have taken to detect this problem? 4. Has this problem got an official name? Are there any details of this condition or is there a condition that is similar in nature if it is not possible?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013