Loss of vision on sitting up, black outs. Good appetite, very tall for age. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I have a 14 year old son who for quite awhile now has been complaining when he gets up from lying down for long periods gets up and his eyesight goes black. A couple of times now he has actually fallen to the ground he says he remembers blacking out then getting back up. It only lasts a few seconds. He is very tall for his age, he has a size 12 men s foot ,he has a great appetite . I would like to know why this could happen? I have Dr appointment for him tomorrow but would like some information if I could? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It appears that your son has an endocrinal disorder related to the pitutary gland. You are therefore advised to see an endocrinologist for getting needful advice regarding this.

God bless you