Loss of vision in right eye after turning off lights, stress. Eye stroke or night blindness?

Hello. I experienced a few minutes of almost complete blindness in my right eye last night. It was after I turned a light off. Is there concern for eye stroke etc? Or just night blindness. Should I see my regular dr for bloodwork? I am 39 and have been noticing suttle changes in my right eye for a few months now. I regularly see eye dr for new prescriptions etc. just really scared me. FYI been highly stressed lately also.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012