Loss of strength in hands and legs, sensitive to hot and cold objects, taking Bisoprolol. Advice?

Hi ] My father (age 75) is experiencing severe loss of power in his hands and legs, he still works as an engineer but is now unable to hold tools due to the loss of power. his hands are also very sensitive to hot and cold items. He recently started 1.25 of bisoprolol as he has an irregular heart beat. Please can you advise as his condition is worsening day by day, we have requested an MRI of his neck .
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012