Loss of strength in fingers, pain in arms, done blood tests. Reason?

Hi. About a week ago, my husband started complaining about loss of strength in his fingers. There is no pain, no numbness or tingling . It has gradually gotten better then his right hand was almost back to normal but the left one got worse. Yesterday he felt mild pain for the first time in his hand and arm . He managed to drive himself to emergencies where he was kept over night and monitored. He had various blood tests done today which came back clean then was referred to a neurologist who did a thourough physical examination on his arms, muscles etc and suggested the possibility of a herniated disc or pressure coming from a rib located between the shoulder and hand. He was then seen by another consultant who suggested an inflammation. Both seemed to rule out a neurological cause as his reflexes all seem to be responding well but they decided to keep him overnight and tomorrow give him a whole body scan to eleminate all possibilities before referring him to treatment. I am quite worried that they re now going to give him a brain scan and I keep thinking of the worst. My husband is 50 and is generally in good health, he doesn t smoke or drink. Also a couple of weeks ago we moved to a new house and during the move he has been moving lots of big and heavy boxes over his shoulders etc so could this be the reason? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012