Loss of sensation on the lower lip with tingling and stinging after a broken jaw surgery. Are my facial nerves affected?

Hello, I am a male and 20 years of age. A few days ago i broke my jaw in two places, close to the left joint of the jaw and my bottom right jaw. During the surgery the doctor placed a metal plate in my bottom right jaw, and said that the other break was impossible to operate and would have to be let as it is. Is this true? he siad that because it is close to nerves that control the facial nerves. furthermore i have lost the sensation on my bottom right lip, and i feel it tingles and stings at times. does this mean i have lost the sensation on my lip forever?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012