Loss of sensation in toes, imbalance. Blood sugar test, neurological test for muscle response normal. Causes?

I have loss of feeling in some of my toes and my balance has been affected because it feels like I am walking on jelly in some parts of the base of my feet . It started in my left foot and has progressed to my right foot. I have been tested for blood sugar levels (all ok) and have seen a neurologist who tested my muscle response with needles inserted into my legs wich had microphones in them ( this confirmed that the sensation was genuine) but no diagnoses was achieved. I have been asked to go back for further analysis in October. What could possibly be wrong?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012