Loss of nail on the toe post an accident, intense pain due to the open wound. No relief with antiseptics. Best remedy?

I lost the cutical and big toe nail in an accident thirty years ago. A black nail existed for twenty eight but over the last two years I have lost that nail and it has been like an open wound on top of the toe. It seems it is in a long term healing process its like all the nerve endings on the top hurting whist a skin layer is growing. It hurts a lot and can wake me at night. I ve trid antisceptic cream can you advize a better solution.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012