Loss of interest in life, no interest in sports, travel or work. Causes and treatment?

I have lost interest in damn near everything, except my wife. After 30 years of marriage it remains solid, in fact we have become alot closer in recent months. I used to love sports, now I really don t care that much. Travel, I have no interest in and my drive to succeed at work seems to be tempered. What is going interets? That s just not me
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello Gentleman! Its wonderful to hear that you admit all your drawbacks and still the love between both of you is increasing day by day!You must be somewhere around middle age : a time when our body starts feeling tired of the busy schedules and we start making good long term plans for the long future ahead.Our basal metabolic rate slows down, so our body needs less food, digests slowly, feels tired soon and always wants limited activity.I suggest you to go for a wellness health package to check your BP, sugars, heart screen and all the relevant investigations for a whole body check.If everything is in place and doing good, you only need the guidance of an instructor either moral or physical to kickstart your activities again but in moderation as suited to your age. Do not forget to include your wife in everything!