Loss of erection post penetration. What could be the cause?

I ve been having sex lately with my boyfriend and its all going well until the other day when we were trying to have intercourse he did have an erection but as soon as he penetrated the erection went away, it became soft again. He mentioned something about blaming it on some energy drink that he drank a couple hours earlier. And its the first time that this has happened we tried later on that night like twice but as soon as he penetrated as a couple of seconds passed the erection left it went soft again. Why is that...? he seemed frustrated but not showing
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the fact that you have stated your boy friend had hard erection before penetration but became flaccid immediately.Do not worry this happens once in a while and mostly due to anxiety.It is not related to consumption of any soft drink.Ask him and help him to allay his anxiety.It will settle down shortly.