Loss of erection on stopping for a minute during intercourse. Been very tired recently, on monster energy drinks. Root cause?

Hi there. I have a few questions. So, my boyfriend and I were having intercourse and when we stopped for a minute or two he lost his erection . This never happens. He is normally hard for a VERY long time...even a little after he has climaxed. I hope it s not me : ( But, he said that it could be from being tired, or from all the monster energy drinks he had been drinking to stay awake at work. Could this have been an affect? And what other things can cause this?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response

Mental tiredness of course is most probably the reason.
You need to observe for more time - at least 10 attempts at sex to decide and not with 1 or 2 attempts.
Of course with time, he may get bored unless you change strategies.