Loss of erection during intercourse. What could be the reason, treatment?

I ve been married to my wife for 12 years. About a year ago, I lost my erection while we were having intercourse. I have no idea why that happened. It had never happened before. My wife was feeling a little self conscious because she claimed she put on some weight. (She s not overweight at all. Plus she still looked great to me. Especially after having our three boys! Ages 9, 6 & 5.) She took offense to the fact that I lost my erection. Like it was a reflection on her and my view of her and attraction to her. Ever since then, I ve felt like I m in a constant mental battle with my penis . In fact, it s become the norm now instead of an exception. When we begin having foreplay, I get an erection. Then something triggers in my subconscious and I lose it. Then my thoughts are consumed with it. Sometimes I get it back. Many times, my wife gets upset and hurt by this event. It s starting to affect our marriage/relationship. Now, it s gotten so bad that whenever I sense that we may become intimate, my entire body trembles. I shake or shiver like I m cold and my heart races. I can t control it. What the heck is going on with me? One a 1 to 10 scale of sexually confident, I m at a zero right now. Please help. What can I do to overcome this issue? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012