Loss of bladder control, have blood clot, loss of motor functions, speech issues, loss of balance. Help

My dad lost his ability to control his urination a couple of years ago. Following this he had a doctor perform surgery on his upper back to cut a tangled blood vessel. Since then the doctor he went to diagnosed him with parkinsons disease that I am not so sure is the case. Approximately two weeks after the surgery which was more complicated than expected he had a blood clott. Since then he has progressively went down hill loosing his motor functions, speech issues and loss of balance all within a year to 18 months. He has no insurance and is to young to get on medicare. He is only 55. I dont think the original diagnosis of parkinsons is quite correct. They based this upon his hands that has always shook since he was in his 20's. Can anyone please lead me in a direction that would help me. He has recently got to the point to where he is dazeing off a lot and is just too weak to even get up or move too much.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
It seems neurological problems in such case Imaging study is required, It may not be because of surgery, the hemodynamic system has to be look for certain disorders Like Blood pressure, he needs complete evaluation such cases needs intensive care, oral supports, regular follow up, even slight mistake can lead to a bad consequences, so please take care of your father, have nice day.