Loss of balance, heaviness in legs. BP and on medication. What is the problem ?

Hell doctor, My father is having blood pressure and he is on medication now. When he walks he feels like somebody is pushing him and he feels like falling. He basically feels loss of balance. Sometimes his legs feel heavy after standing for even little te. He is having regular visits to doctor and they do all tests like asking him to stand,walk etc., They gave betavert and some other medication which I don t remember name. But nothing is working. He is suffering from this problem for past one year. Please help me to understand what s the problem and medication for this balance issue. He is also feeling this balance problem more during night because of sensitivity to light. Please help us. Thanks, AAAA
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012