Loss of balance, head injury, bump, swelling near eyebrow. Tried icing it. Medical attention needed?

When my son who just turnef four was climbing onto his chair he lost his balance and his head hit the edge of the kitchen table he cried for like a moment. I tried to hold ice on the bumb as long as i could but now he has a dime sized slightly raised bumb at the end of his eyebrow.(he ate his dinner and is acting normal like wanting to play and everything) but because he wont let me hold anything cold the bumb should i take him to the doctors.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Jun 2015
Hello dear...

The lump over the end of eyebrow after a fall is due to accumulation of blood & it is called hematoma.

The blood cells accumulated are eventually broken down and absorbed in the body.

But this is a slow process & takes times to disappear completely.

Till that time, symptomatic relief is obtained by giving analgesics, ice compression & adequate rest.

If it still persists or if he shows any other associated symptoms like vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsions, etc...then it will be better to consult the Pediatrician.

Wishing your son a good health.

Thanks & take care.