Loss of balance and concentration, poor vision, incontinence and lack of focus. MRI brain ruled out MS. What could be the reason?

My brother is 47 years old and is experiencing severe loss of balance, loss of coordination, lack of focus, poor vision and now incontinence . His condition has deteriorated in the last month and now he can t be left by himself. He has had an mri on his brain and tomorrow will undergo a spinal tap. His neurologist has ruled out MS. What could it be? What should we be asking his neurologist?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012