Loss of appetite, smoker, iud birth control

hi.. i been losing my appiete. i been like this for a few weeks now. i have a iud birth control i usually know how my periods are. but this month its different very light period. i get all my problems for my period. the one thing my worry bout is my appiete. im usually a big eater but now im just taking a few bites of food and i get sick. im also a smoker. now all i want to do is smoke. and i dont want to kept doing that. im very confused and i dont know wat to do ?? help??
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Loss of appetite and altered menstrual cycle can be due to many reasons. One simple reason could be that you are stressed out. Stress also makes you want to smoke more. Please also remember that if you smoke more than your usual, you are bound to lose appetite and may also have nausea and vomiting. Rather than worrying about your health and smoking more, it will be better to consult a doctor and get a check-up done. Most probably, there is nothing seriously wrong with you and you'll get better in a few days.

Best wishes.