Losing weight, bruises on shins, may be iron deficiency. What can this be a result of?

hi,I m 18 years old and recently have been starting to loose weight and brusing over the past month.i lost about 10lbs.i was in a on and off relationship and my eating had become less than normalbut not too much..The bruises have been occuring on my shins,about 5-6 bruises on each of them..i also thought this could have been because of iron deficiency but im not sure..they went a way and came back,what can this be a result of?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012