Losing temper, stressed, bad mood, discontinued poraxitine. Had traumatic childhood. Tried yoga, herbal medicine no change

I ma having problems with losing my temper and feeling uptight stressed etc. 8 months ago I stopped taking poraxitine as i had used it for over five years and wanted to start feeling things again- great joy and even reasonable sadness ( cry when watching a sad movie). My daughter says i'm uptight and in a bad mood all the time and asked me the other day if I liked my life. This made mw sad and a little alarmed. I had a very traumatic childhood and had intense therapy for 7 years. I would like to feel more calm without being nearly numb. Is there something I can take that is calming but not as emotion altering/numbing? I have tried herbal remedies, exercising more and yoga with no results/success. please help.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013