Losing feeling in leg, wound healed in few seconds. How it is possible?

I am continuosly losing feeling in my leg, which leads to me not being able to walk at times. I was curious, so when I lost feeling a stabbed myself with a pin, but I felt nothing and it almost seemed like it instantly healed when I did so. Being even more confused and thinking that I had lost my mind, I got a steak knife ready for when I lost feeling again. I lost feeling about 20 minutes ago, so I sliced open my leg, feeling nothing, but blood came pouring out. But as soon as I opened up my leg, it healed back over in a time of about 10 seconds. I cleaned the blood off the bathroom tiles and my leg, and my leg looks like nothing had ever happened to it. How is this possible?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013