Loose stools after using Y-lax. Have colitis. Can I stop medication?

I have started taking Y-Lax tablets for the last few days. In fact I am a patient of colities & during morning my motions are not clear & I use to take papaya regularly for morning motions. Now the problem is after taking these tablets my motion becoms very loose & I feel very weak all the day. So should I continue to take two tablets at bedtime. I want one very clear motion every morning so that whole day I can feel comfotable. suggest me food for lunch & dinner.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
One and most foremost thing to note ( keep in mind) that passing of stool is not necessary early in the morning ( psychological effect that we have to pass stool at any cost early in the morning and every day).
From last many years I am trying to explain to my patient that go for defecation only , when you feel that , now it is not possible to control stool any more .
Now in modern era , toilets are everywhere , so we can defecate at any place , so why bother.
Now your point you are taking two tablets of laxative and passing watery stool , so reduce to it one or half tablet according to your convenience.

Psychologically prepare yourself that you have to pass stool when there is desire of defecation and your every problem will be solved.
High fiber diet with plenty of water will also soften the stool .
Good luck.