Loose motions since 5 months. History of hysterectomy, colonoscopy. Need immediate solution ?

i am having loose motions for the last five months. i have used all types of medicines including home remedies without any effect. I don t feel pain, cramps , indigetion symptoms. i am 52 yrs old. till now i have undergone 4 surgeries. in 1998 i have undergone historactomy. in the year 2005 i faced the same problem what i am facing now. in the year 2006 i have undergone colonoscope. At that time my problem got solved. since march 2012 i am having loose motions totally watery with pressure. I feel very very weak. within the last 4 months i have gone down by 6 kgs. I appreciate your opinion.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
The reason of your loose motion seems to be an irritable bowel syndrome.
Your bowel gets irritated causes your peristalis frequently cause you to pass more watery stool.
What diagnosis was made in 2006 after colonoscopy?
You should consult a Gastroenterologist to confirm your diagnosis.
Mean time you may consume isabgol to make viscous stool.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
There can be various causes for chronic diarrhea and prominent amongst hem are
Irritable bowel syndrome
Inflammatory bowel disease like crohn's or ulcerative colitis
Chronic infections like HIV
lactose intolerance
Colon cancer
Endocrine diseases like hyperthyroidism and Addison's disease
and so on....
What you require is a consultation with a Gastroenterologist and getting your blood work done along with colonoscopy and biopsy.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Ram Choudhary's  Response
Hi Parvathi,

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
The chronic diarrhea may be due to many causes.
It may be a spurious diarrhea if you have a thyroid problem.
Please get a thyroid profile.
It may be due to secretory lesions in the gut or due to colonization by the bacteria or parasites.
I would advise you to have a stool examination and a repeat lover Gastrointestinal endoscopy.
House hold therapies would not be effective.
You can try a ofloxacin and ornidazole combination twice a day for a week in supervision of your physician.

I think the advise would be helpful for you.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.