Loose motions in child, red cells, fat globules, yeast cells present in stool test baby girl is 1yr 7mos now and she has been suffering from loose motions for past 4 days.the stool test results are:color-yellowish brown, consistency- mucoid, reaction- alkaline, mucus (+), red cells (++), fat globules (+), yeast cells (+).is it normal?thank you so much
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012

Thanks for your post. The report is not normal. Red cells in stool examination is abnormal considering that the child is having loose motions. Because of the diarrhoea digestion of food is also not proper and hence fat globules are present.

I suggest that you consult your doctor who shall examine the child and advise. I am responding very late to your query and presume that your child's diarrhoea must be under control now..