Loose flap of gum tissue over teeth, sore. Had rings placed over molars. Will it stop hurting eventually?

After getting rings put around my very back molars on each side, I ve got loose flaps of gum tissue peeking over the teeth and they are really sore to the point that I have to take constant pain medication to eat and talk in comfort. It s been two or three days already that they ve been hurting, will it eventually stop hurting or should I go back to the dentist to see it fixed? Would you have any idea how long it will be until the pain goes away? I m sorry for such a long message.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012