Looks like bug bite, itching and picking, turns to hole. Lyme disease or tick borne illness or mrsa?

My girlfriend had what looked like a bug bite , or the remnants of our previously contracted scabies . It seemed fine except she itched and picked it. A lot. Now I ve been doing A LOT of research and I can t find out what it is. This bite or whatever it is, literally tuned into a hole in her skin. It s about the size of a cheerio and goes all the way down to what looks like muscle tissue. Could this be lyme disease or any other tick borne illness . I m afraid it could also be mrsa too but there was never any puss as in a normal mrsa wound. Please help, she s in the hospital and I have no contact with her!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012