Long menstrual period, done intense exercise. Any serious problem?

hello i m 27 years old, i started exercising more intensely for 2day with complete diet . I saw a blood on a toilet paper still i have 10 days for my periods . this is my 7th days still i m bleeding . Its not much but every time I go check there is blood on a toilet paper. is there any serious problem... in regular periods i bleed only for three days
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Thanks for your question,you had your periods 10 days before your due date,and you have been bleeding from last 7 days.Dear this can be due to either a change in the you pattern of menstrual cycle or you must have injured your self in your perineal area by intense exercise,get your sellf examined by gynecologist for injury to your private parts by exercise.if not so ,nothing to worry ,your gynecologist will prescribe you ,medicine for regularization of your periods.