Long lasting anxiety after smoking marijuana. Will stopping lead to harmful withdrawal symptoms like seizure. Suggestion?

Hi, I m a 20 year old female. I ve been dealing with anxiety on and off for 2 years the thing that triggered my anxiety is when I was 18 I had a bad experience smoking marajuana and I had a really bad panic attack and literally was convinced that I was going to die because my heart was beating so fast. From then on, I started becoming extremely on edge and anxious and panicky for months combined with the fact that later on my grandma died and my cousin as well. It ended up going away on its own but then recently I had yet ANOTHER similar experience smoking marijuana and it ended up triggering anxiety that I ve been dealing with for 2 months so far And I also was and still am adjusting into moving into my new apartment and now I know my lesson to never do this again. Because I ve been dealing with anxiety I started taking Xanax to calm me Down every once and a while. I only take .25 of it on an average of 4 or maybe 5 times a week. I realize this is bad that I m not prescribed it legally but I go to a pediatrician and I seriously needed it because I was having nights where I would freak out and couldn t sleep and seriously anxious and depressed and she wouldn t prescribe it to me so I had to take matters into my own hands. Im being completely honest with you so you can help me as much as possible. With the small amount I m taking, if I were to stop would I suffer from withdrawal symptoms and have a seizure? I m so cared this is going to happen now I just found out about this symptom. I know it s rare I m just really nervous.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012