Long hours of standing causing intense leg pain, numbness in foot. What steps can I follow to prevent this?

I just started a new job where i am walking and standing on my feet for 8 to 10 hours a day. I can t even get through the second part of the day with out having tears in my eyes because of the pain. And now the left side of my foot is going numb. I changed my shoes to new balance and put dr shcols insole in them, it makes a slit difference but not enough. I really like my job but this is causing me to go home early and not make my hours.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You are getting pain and numbness in your legs due to a long standing which is part of routine job.This is due to stagnation of blood in legs,Since you have no options for the job you have to modify your routine by sitting and elevating your legs intermittently for 10 -15 minutes every 2 hours and do some moderate exercises to improve the blood circulation in the legs,This will definitely help you .