Localized swelling inner part of ankle, painless, sore to touch, possibility of superficial vein thrombosis or vascular phenomenon

I have a very localized swelling around the inner part of a left ankle , just surrounding the tibial epicondylus and below it. I have full ROM. No pain with walking or other activities. But it is a little sore to deep touch. I don t remember having any injuries. Neither have I engaged in any unusual activities. I am fairly active and do my usual walking/light jogging/ weight training a few times a week. At first I thought it was a superficial vein thrombosis, or some other vascular phenomenon, but it has been a week and the swelling is still here, it keeps getting worse in the evening. What can it be?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Acupressure Specialist 's  Response
pl mention your age, weight and height so detail answer will be helpful to u. till then pl check Kidney meridian on ankle joint.(for image